Now Ruth has had two sets of grandparents visit in two weeks. Colin and Lorraine were here last weekend--- they parked the caravan in our backyard, to the delight of the kids.
And Mum and Dad left this afternoon. They spent a bit of time taking Ruth around--- they looked after her on Friday while Brendan and I worked, they took her over to Sean and Sandra's yesterday afternoon, and out to breakfast with Ian and Lesley this morning.
Later this afternoon we went to the pool. We arranged to meet Nathalie, Joseph and Momo there. We didn't arrange to meet another three sets of friends (and their kids), but we did anyway. This way Canberra feels like a very small town.
Ruth had a good time in the baby pool, walking around and playing with her buckets. Later we went for a second swim, in the big pool. What joy! I think she squealed for the whole 10 minutes. She loves jumping into our arms off the side of the pool, being thrown up and down, going underwater.
Came home, had dinner, ran around in the rain for a while. Gran, the weather these last weeks has been lovely. Not too hot, and with fairly frequent evening thundershowers.
Anyway, here are some photos from the last month.
Firstly, from the trip Ruth and I took to Bairnsdale on cup weekend: Wendy took us to Raymond Island, which is overrun with koalas. Here are two of them.
The next night we stayed at Cape Conran. We have a new tent, a spacious THREE person tent. It seems to do the job.
Ruth and I balancing on the edge of the garden.
Finally (I include this photo just to disgust the more sensitive members of the family) Ruth after eating several cupcakes made to her friend Vida's special recipe.
We're really looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas.
Much love,
Julie.